Friday, January 16, 2009

Sadness

I'm feeling sad for my sister today. After 4 days of waiting to hear whether this birth mother chose her and Brad to be the parents of her already-born 4 lb. 10 oz. son, Nic found out that another family was chosen. Again. This is the third time an adoption possibility has come up and fallen through for them. And it sucks.

I am thankful for some things though. One, that God sent me on a journey that resembles Nic's enough that she feels she can talk to me about it. Obviously I haven't adopted, but Kristin has, and I went through that with her. So I'm glad Nic has people who can relate.

Another thing I'm thankful for is our family. If Nic had gotten good news, we would've dropped everything to celebrate with her. Mom would've invaded Walmart, Dad would've asked off work, and I would've packed up the kids and went on a "long drive" as Luke would say. I've come to realize that not all families go out of their way to take care of each other. I think ours does and I'm grateful for it.

Like Holly just blogged about, I believe in two things too. That there's a reason for everything and that God works it all out for good. Although that's true and a comfort, I still wish God would give my sister the desire of her heart.

No comments: