Thursday, August 20, 2009

Progress

Many of you know that potty training Luke has been my least favorite endeavor as a mom. Mostly because I feel I've been so unsuccessful at it. I've tried encouraging, giving incentives, prizes, trips to Toys R Us, candy, stickers. I've tried taking movies away, taking toys away. He's been without all of his Transformers, all of his Thomas trains, all of his GeoTrax trains. And still he doesn't care.

Anyway, I think we're making progress. Here's what happened this morning. I told him to go to the potty all by himself, he went to the bathroom and peed, washed his hands, picked out fresh underwear, and put them on all by himself. That's progress for us!!! As we got into this potty-training process I realized that there are many little steps Luke needed to master - like pulling his underwear up and down, holding it until we get to the bathroom, telling me he needs help.

We are still working on some things, but there has been progress:) Yaaaaay!

No comments: