Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Anticipation

My favorite part of the Christmas season is the anticipation of it all. I love Christmas music, decorating the house for Christmas, thinking about what I'm going to get people for Christmas, wearing Christmas shirts (not teachery ones though), baking treats, visiting Santa, shopping for gifts, giving people the gifts I picked out especially for them, and waiting for snow. With Luke being sick we haven't gotten the tree up yet and it's kind of driving me crazy:)

I've got quite a collection of decor about Joy. A lot of that happened the year I was pregnant with Luke and was so excited about that gift. My favorite decoration is the set of JOY stocking holders Pup bought me. This year we added a cute snowflake to it for Norah. (I didn't want to move on to NOEL b/c we are four now.)

I can't imagine the anticipation felt in the heavens 2008 years ago at this time. I read a book called A Cosmic Christmas one year. It described the first Christmas when God brought to pass his plan for Mary to have Jesus. How much anticipation there was as prophecy turned into truth. It also described the warfare that came with it, and how the enemy hated seeing God true to His word.

In some situations, anticipation is the worst part. Like going to the dentist or having a confrontation with someone. But in this case, anticipation is one of the best parts for me.

No comments: