Wednesday, October 1, 2008

If it ain't broke...

I have to confess. I am the world's worst mother. I tried to break my son of his pacifier, worked really hard at it, then gave in and gave it back to him. Here's why (like any of you readers need me to justify it, but obviously I need to for myself): Luke only uses it for naps and bedtime. He has to have a pacifier and his Bunny and he's good to go to bed. And I don't just mean that he goes without a fight. When he was smaller, he would go get them from his crib when he was tired. So while I was trying to break him of it, he was upset and wouldn't go down easily at all. It took about 45 min. for him to calm down and fall asleep AND I had to go in there and lay down with him. He wouldn't sleep as long either.

Why would I want to mess with it? Mostly because I care what other people think. I want him broken of it for that reason. Because some people think babies should never use pacifiers. Because I care WAY too much what other people think. And perhaps I'm selfish in that I like that he goes down for a nap like a champ and goes to bed like a champ. It makes my life easier (besides the fact it's good for him to get good sleep!).

Anyway, confession over.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

World's worst mother is a bit harsh! :)