Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Half-naked at Walmart

I was kind of bummed that I didn't have a blogworthy story for today since I'm trying so hard to keep up with blogging. On the way to Bible study as I was telling Kristin about Luke's afternoon, I soon realized there was plenty to blog about.

Luke spent the day with Denise (my friend from Murray Elementary), her 9-yr-old son Logan, and their neighbor girls Abby & Tiffany. Denise is kind of like a local grandma for the kids. She's crazy about them and they love her too. Anyway, when Denise brought Luke home after a few hours of playing, he was accompanied by a Walmart bag full of new clothes. Apparently he stepped in a grease pan in her backyard and ruined his outfit. So she took him into Walmart in only his diaper and dressed him with new clothes right then and there.

So for a very short time, my kid was THAT kid at Walmart - the dirt kid with greasy hair in only a diaper. Wow. And I thought I had no story for today:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's still funny ...

Holly said...

Wow. I like Denise and I don't even know her. It's amazing how much blogging material comes out of every day life. I wrote about funerals yesterday and today it's probably going to be about how much I hate packing and moving. :) My blog is: xanga.com/news_write

Katy Gorrell said...

That's funny and I've been that mother too, but at the park...Last night, we were at the park with Megan and some friends and Megan was playing in the sand which includes taking the occasional handful. She was a dirty mess, then she started playing with one of our cups which I thought was empty, it was not, so she was also wet. When I started to strap her into the stroller I just figured I'd take her shirt off then and there because I didn't want her making the stroller and carseat gross. Needless to say, I had to laugh at my trashy kid moment.