Friday, November 7, 2008

Chocolate!!!


I haven't had any updates on the potty training situation b/c I was giving it a month or so. Luke didn't seem ready and I wasn't able to figure out how to give this the attention it needed. Anyway, I stumbled across the toddler version of my favorite baby book author and knew she'd be able to give me the guidance I needed. And I realized this potty training business is a lot of training for parents too. After I read to take your kid to the potty about 15 min. after he's had something to drink, I thought I could get a handle on this.

So equipped with the potty, a sticker chart (yaaay for being a teacher!), and candy treats, we gave this another go. And Luke's earned 5 stickers for the week! Here are a couple stories.

The other night Bryan put Luke on the potty and then came to the kitchen to talk to me for a minute. We heard Luke say very excitedly, "Daddy! Come here!" and hoped he had done something in the potty. But no, he found a car in the magazine he wanted to show his daddy.


The next day I put him on the potty before suppertime and then went to the kitchen to do something. As I was piddling around, I heard Luke exclaim, "Chocolate!" I knew what he'd done. Sure enough, he had done something in his potty! Thank God he didn't think it looked tasty:)

So he got all his stickers this week and we went to the library and picked out some books and movies. Yaaay for free rewards;)



Oh well, maybe next time.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I will never look at chocolate the same way again!

Holly said...

Yay! You said the "v" word. :)